- Foreign language education
- Corpus-based language acquisition research
- Multilingualism & crosslinguistic influence
Research projects (collaboration)
03.2016 - 12.2024SWIKO is a multilingual learner corpus describing learner language according to principles of corpus-linguistics. The corpus is an umbrella project developed during the 2016–2019 research period and being further developed in the 2021–2024...
Further development and applications of the Swiss learner corpus SWIKO
07.2021 - 07.2024In line with the strong presence of usage-based approaches to language description and research in language acquisition, research in corpus linguistics has intensified and diversified in recent years. This applies equally to corpus-based...
- Hicks, Nina Selina (i.V.): "Exploring systematic orthographic crosslinguistic similarities to enhance foreign language vocabulary learning". Language Teaching Research.
- Karges, Katharina, Studer, Thomas & Hicks, Nina Selina (i.V). Lernersprache, Aufgabe und Modalität: Beobachtungen zu Texten aus dem Schweizer Lernerkorpus SWIKO. ZGL, Themenheft „Gesprochene Lernerkorpora des Deutschen“.